“JARUCO” was an incredible accomplishment! It was a dream turned into reality by its owner, who aimed to create the best world-traveling competitive Sportfish without any compromise. The primary focus was on achieving speed, safety, maneuverability, and efficiency, while also ensuring an exceptional interior, bridge, and cockpit.
After a meticulous four-year planning and construction process, “JARUCO” was launched in December 2017. It made its debut at the 2018 Los Suenos Triple Crown and managed to secure impressive winnings at the event.
The design and build of “JARUCO” involved a team of experts that included structural engineers, marine engineers, mechanical engineers, naval architects, material experts, and weight study specialists. The vessel’s design underwent virtual testing and physical tank testing at the MARIN Research Institute in the Netherlands.
Notably, “JARUCO” has garnered attention in the maritime industry and has been featured in various articles and videos. It has also received recognition and awards for its innovative design. The vessel has traveled and fished in numerous locations worldwide, showcasing its capabilities on a global scale.
Overall, “JARUCO” represents the successful realization of a dream, combining cutting-edge engineering and design expertise to create a remarkable world-traveling Sportfish.
“JARUCO” was built to ABS specifications to its high standards of construction and safety. ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) is a renowned classification society that provides standards for vessel design, construction, and maintenance.
The fact that the “JARUCO” is designed to handle 8-foot seas at 50 knots demonstrates its capability to navigate challenging conditions while maintaining stability and performance.
- Marine Research Institute Netherlands’ (MARIN) with Maritime Research Associates, LLC to perform in-water, high-speed tank testing of the hull bottom and running gear.
- Revolutionary Cold Molded Hull
- Flame resistant Nomex core used in specialty areas
- Carbon Fiber Stringers
- Carbon Fiber Bulkheads
- Carbon Fiber House, Decks, etc.
- Built to ABS specs to 8′ Seas at 50 knots
- Upgraded to a proprietary carbon fiber lamination matrix over a Diab core. (Cabin, foredeck, salon floor, mezzanine, top deck, bridge, etc.)
- Forward Impact Crash Compartment
- Layer of Kevlar on impact section of the bottom
- Custom Wave Adapted Rudders and Struts – Maritime Research Associates, LLC
- Integral Fuel Tanks 4400 Gallons in Three Tanks
The JARUCO is a remarkable vessel that seamlessly combines the excitement of sport fishing with the elegance of luxurious interior design. This sleek and modern sport fish is designed to provide anglers with the ultimate fishing experience, while also offering a comfortable and opulent atmosphere for relaxation and enjoyment.
The “JARUCO” is a four guest (side by side that converts to a queen, over under bunk, VIP forward with ensuite head and full beam master with an ensuite head with a double sink vanity) and two crew layout (Captain full to port and over under bunk to starboard).
- Large High Tray Ceiling 465 sq ft Salon
- High Gloss, Satin Finishes of Black Walnut and other Exotic Woods
- Fully Functional Galley and Pantry
- Large Island Bar with Refrigeration and Compactor
- Large U-shaped Dinette Forward to Starboard
- L-shaped Settee with Storage to Port
- South Florida Artist Built Unique Wood Slab and Acrylic Coffee Table, Side Table and Dinette
- Custom Light Weight Stone Countertops and Backsplashes
- AV Room with Dedicated Controlled Climate
- Crew Access from Salon with disappearing entrance
- Full Beam Master Stateroom with Ensuite Head, Large Hanging Locker, Night Stand, Sofa, Drawer Storage, Flat Screen TV – Starboard Side
- Side By Side Stateroom that Converts Into a Queen Berth, Hanging Locker, Over Berth Storage Compartment, Drawer Storage, Night Stand, Flat Screen TV and Shared Head with Bunk Room – Port Side
- Over Under Stateroom with Hanging Locker, Drawer Storage, Flat Screen TV and Head Shared with Side by Side Stateroom – Port Side
- VIP Stateroom with Hanging Lockers, Over Berth Storage Compartments, Drawer Storage, Under Berth Storage, Flat Screen TV and Ensuite Head – Bow
- Popup Flat Screen TV entertainment in Salon
- Electric Shading Windows
- Beautiful Black Walnut Cabinetry and Trim
- High Ceilings with Resist Speakers and LED Lighting
- Carbon Fiber Electric Toilets in all Five heads
- Earth Magnet Catches on Most Interior Doors
- Hidden Door to Washer and Dryer in Companionway
- Custom Light Weight Marble Flooring in Heads
- Finest of Fabrics and Flooring
- Satellite WIFI – Starlink
The massive flybridge of the “JARUCO” offers an array of impressive features that ensure a comfortable and functional experience. It includes spacious forward seating, allowing passengers to relax and enjoy the surrounding views while underway. The flybridge also provides ample freezer space, ensuring that provisions and refreshments are easily accessible during long trips.
Equipped with top-of-the-line electronics, the flybridge boasts advanced navigation and communication capabilities, allowing for efficient and precise control of the vessel. The carbon fiber helm chairs offer ergonomic seating for the captain and crew, prioritizing comfort during extended periods on the bridge.
The custom Palm Beach tower enhances visibility and provides a commanding vantage point for spotting fish or surveying the area. To cater specifically to tournament fishing, the flybridge features aft-facing observer seating, enabling tournament participants to closely monitor the action in the cockpit.
The design of the flybridge ensures great visibility of the cockpit, facilitating seamless coordination and communication between the crew on the bridge and those below.
Another impressive feature is the Furuno 60kW S-Band radar system offers advanced capabilities to enhance safety and navigational efficiency on the water, providing valuable information about nearby objects, weather conditions, and targets for effective decision-making.
Overall, the massive flybridge of the “JARUCO” Sportfish combines luxurious amenities, state-of-the-art technology, and tournament-focused features, making it an exceptional choice for both leisure cruising and serious sportfishing endeavors.
- Massive 450 sq ft Bridge and Seating Area
- Three Sided Enclosure
- Three Custom Carbon Fiber Ladder Back Helm Chairs
- Wrap Around Seating Forward
- Two Freezers Located Forward
- Top of the line Electronics from Furuno, Garmin, Simrad – Black Boxes
- Furuno Omni Sonar
- Commercial Furuno 60kW S-Band Radar
- FLIR Thermal Camera
- Two Refrigerated Drink Boxes
- Aft Facing Observer Seating Behind Helm
- Aft Control Pop Up Control Station with MTU Joy Stick
- Rod Storage to Starboard Side
- Overhead LED Multi Colored Lighting
- Teaser Reels In Hard Top
- Bridge Access Protection Hatch
The cockpit of JARUCO is notably spacious, providing ample room for maneuvering and various activities related to fishing. The layout is carefully designed to optimize efficiency and convenience, allowing for ease of movement for the crew and anglers.
JARUCO’s cockpit also includes refrigerated bait drawers, which are crucial for keeping bait fresh and readily available. These drawers help maintain the bait’s effectiveness, ensuring the best possible fishing experience.
To further enhance the comfort of the crew and guests, the cockpit is equipped with air-conditioned mezzanine seating with a large faux painted carbon fiber table. This feature provides a elevated seating area where people can relax and enjoy the surroundings while staying cool and comfortable.
All in all, the massive cockpit of JARUCO is thoughtfully designed to cater to the needs of both anglers and crew members. It combines functionality with luxurious features like refrigerated fish boxes, air-conditioned mezzanine seating, refrigerated bait drawers, day head and teak decks, creating an ideal environment for sport fishing adventures.
- Massive 310 sq ft Teak Cockpit and Cover Boards
- Large A/C Mezzanine Seating
- Day Head on Mezzanine Deck
- Two Cockpit Jump Seats with fillers
- Carbon Fiber Fold Out Table at Mezzanine
- Concealed Storage for shammy poles
- Large Bait Freezer under Mezzanine Seating
- Refrigerated Drink Boxes
- Two Large Refrigerated Bait Drawers
- Hydraulic Winch under Starboard Jump Seat inline to Transom Door
- Engine Room and Pump Room Access
- Livewell Pick Up and Discharge in Cockpit Sole
- Charging Station in Mezzanine Armrest
- Tackle drawers in Cabinet
- Massive Transom Fishbox and Livewell
- Release Marine Rocket Launcher
- LP Outlets
- Massive Refrigerated in Deck Fish boxes / Ice Dumps
- Chilled Water Faucet located engine room access
- Teak Sole and Cover Boards (New Teak Cover boards in storage. Boards go with boat sale)
- Day Head on Mezzanine Level
- Built In Tuna Tubes (4)
The large engine room and pump room of the JARUCO offer an impressive array of features that contribute to its smooth operation and functionality. At the heart of JARUCO is the Twin MTU 16V2000 M96L 2600HP engines, providing extraordinary propulsion and reliability. To ensure the fuel quality remains optimal, the Alfa Laval Fuel Polishing System efficiently removes impurities and contaminants before the fuel reaches the engines.
The ATLAS Power System in the pump room manages and controls various electrical situations in travel. Water Tight Doors placed forward and aft of the engine room, providing safety and containment measures in case of emergencies.
For a comfortable onboard experience, the A/C Chiller System keeps the temperature regulated throughout out JARUCO. The two Northern Lights 40kW generators in Sound Shields ensures uninterrupted power supply to JARUCO’s systems. The MTU engines have been rotated 180 degrees and mated to V-drives, allowing for a shallow shaft angle, enhancing maneuverability and performance.
Convenience and accessibility are prioritized with easy access to the engine room and pump room from both the cockpit and the crew quarters.
The Jaruco is equipped with two Dometic ice machines dumping directly into the refrigerated in deck fish boxes. The Spot zero system generates high-quality purified water for various uses throughout the vessel. Bright LED lighting illuminates the engine room and pump room, ensuring visibility and safety during operations.
For convenience, tool storage is also available in the pump room, allowing for easy access to essential equipment for maintenance and repairs. Together, these features come together to create a comprehensive and efficient engine room and pump room, supporting the JARUCO’s performance and functionality.
- (2) MTU 16V2000 M96L 2,600 hp each
- Engines have been rotated 180 Degrees and Mated to V-drives
- SeaKeeper 35 In Pump Room Housed in a custom-built carbon fiber torque cage
- SeaKeeper 9 Forward before Crew Access
- (2) Northern Lights 40kW generators in Sound Sheilds
- Trim Control System Developed by Humphree
- Spotzero / Water Maker
- Electrosea System
- (2) Dometic Ice Machines
- A/C Chiller System
- Water Tight Doors
- Chilled Water Faucet at Engine Room Hatch
- ATLAS Power System
- Alfa Laval Fuel Polishing System
- Tool and Spare Part Storage Area
The dedication to research and development that went into the creation of Jaruco is truly extraordinary. From the very beginning, the team recognized the immense challenge ahead and knew that it would require an unparalleled level of effort. As noted by Jarrett Bay, the boat’s development involved more man-hours of research and development than any other sportfish in history.
The project’s ambitious goals and unwavering attention to detail ensured that no aspect was overlooked. With a team of engineers closely examining every decision and collaborating with external experts, including materials specialists, the result was a boat unlike any other in its class. Tank-testing at the Marine Research Institute Netherlands (MARIN) further solidified the vessel’s performance capabilities.
The level of dedication and collaboration exhibited throughout the process is a testament to the groundbreaking nature of Jaruco. This project pushed the boundaries of engineering in terms of speed, performance, and safety, leaving no stone unturned when it came to materials science and propulsion physics. The meticulous planning and execution of every aspect highlight the commitment to excellence and innovation in the sportfish industry.
Overall, Jaruco’s engineering achievements are a result of extraordinary teamwork, relentless efforts, and an unwavering commitment to pushing boundaries. It stands as a testament to what can be achieved when expertise, passion, and ambition come together to create something truly remarkable.
- Palm Beach Towers hardtop, standing platform and buggy top are carbon fiber to reduce weight and lower the boat’s center of gravity
- Electronics installed by American Marine Electronics
- Side Power SH550 Hydraulic Bow thruster with Counter Rotating Propellers that Provide Optimal Thrust and Performance
- Weight Saving/Speed Increasing Bottom Paints and Coatings
- 55′ Hydraulic Carbon Fiber Out Riggers and Center Rigger
- FLIR Thermal Camera
- 2022 complete refinish of Faux Teak Toe Rail, Bulkhead, Transom, Drip Cap, Helm Pod, Bridge tables, Cockpit Folding Table, etc.. Done by Everett Nautical Designs
- 2022 Complete repainting of the exterior.
- 2022 November/December Main engines received all New Pistons, Sleeves, Injectors, etc.
- 2023 September boat received GEN 2 Wave adapted Rudders and Propellers along with spraying Black Widow bottom paint.
- New Teak Cover Boards for replacement are stored in “Jaruco” Storage
- Spare Props, Rudders, Shaft, etc. A large list of spare parts can be supplied. (Understanding that some items may be used while boat is for sale.)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing.