Marae offers three staterooms for the Owner and guests, a full beam lower salon with formal dining table, and upper salon housing a bar and seating area, and an climate controlled pilothouse which can be converted to an open air space. Marae has multiple seating areas exterior, including the pilothouse, helm seating area and an aft cockpit for sun lounging. The interior is teak and walnut with showcased crystal. Interior furniture all reupholstered 2019.
This lovely space has a table for comfortable seating 6 for meals while enjoying elevated 360 degree views. This space has heating and air conditioning or can be quickly converted to an open air space.
From the pilothouse, one will next enter the upper salon with a full bar to port. The bar is beautifully finished teak and mahogany, with walnut leather bar stools. This bar area offers an elevated view out the cabin top viewing windows. Behind the bar is a wine chiller, two drink refrigerators and an ice maker. Across from the bar is a lounge area with a cocktail table and wrap around leather seating.
Step down a half level into the lower salon where you will find a formal dining are on the starboard side comfortably seating 6. On port you will find a comfortable seating area including a couch, love seat and arm chair surrounding an inlaid teak and walnut coffee table. A television raises from the cabinetry. Marae is equipped with Crestron entertainment control, which interfaces apple TV, DVD, Video Games, Apple Airplay, Blue Tooth audio. Sound is output in multiple zones ( Aft Cockpit, Helm Stations, Pilothouse, Bar, Lower Salon) and uses Denon amplifier with Bose surround sound indoors and Fusion sound outdoors.
Located forward of the Salon/dining area is access to the galley and crew mess. Crew mess upon entry has galley to port with deep freezer, spacious under floor refrigerator/ freezer, and stand up refrigerator freezer combination. Crew dinette on starboard.
Forward Of Galley are two cabins with two single berths each. Cabins have dedicated heads and shared shower arrangement.
Owner and Guest Accommodations
The owner and guest staterooms are in the desirable area aft, served by a central corridor from the upper salon.
The full beam master provides a full walk around queen bed to port, with a settee to starboard. Double door closet in master cabin provide hanging locker space, but master suite also includes a walk in cedar and walnut trimmed closet. Cabinets provide additional storage. Master stateroom has it’s own companionway providing access to an aft cockpit. A spacious ensuite head boasts a spacious marble shower.
On either side of the central corridor from the upper salon are two guest staterooms. To starboard is a queen bed stateroom complete with hanging locker, bureau and ensuite head with stall shower.
Opposite on port, the guest stateroom features side by side single beds, hanging locker and ensuite head with stall shower. There are also two additional pullman berths in this cabin.
Galley and Laundry Equipment
- Miele Microwave/Oven combination
- 6 burner Miele induction stove
- Mielle Oven
- Refrigerator: front-loading deep refrigerator
- Freezer: (1) front-loading and (1) custom under floor freezer
Wine Chiller, Ice maker, and two drink refrigerators at bar
1 drink refrigerator in pilothouse
- Laundry Equipment:
Sails and Rigging
- Spars and Rigging: Carbon mast and boom by Southern Spars Reckman Sections
- Main mast is 4-spreader keel-stepped with jacking system with Air Draft of 148′
- In boom furling by Southern Spars
- Carbon fiber roller furling with hydraulic motor on forward end
- Spinnaker and tender lift poles in Carbon with aluminum fittings
- BSI stainless steel rod new 2020
- Kevlar runners new 2020 with Dynema Spectra cordage (replaced 2018/2020)
Winches and Sailing Gear:
- Reckmann hydraulic furlers on headstay and staysail rebuilt 2020
- 2 Harken 1120st 3 speed hydraulic self-tailing
- 2 Harken 74.3 3 speed hydraulic self-tailing
- 1 Harken 980.3 2 speed with back wind hydraulic self-tailing
- Sails: Doyle NZ Stratis Carbon/Vectran
- Mainsail: (New in 2019)
- Genoa: (New in 2018)
- Staysail: (New in 2018)
- Gennaker/ Asymetrical Spinnaker: (New 2020)
Engines and Machinery
- Main Engine: 2 x Lugger – 6108 300 hp (223 kw)
- Engine Hours: 18 hrs – Full Rebuild March 2020
- Transmissions: 2 x ZF 350 AL, Ratio: 2.917:1 Rebuilt 2020
Lube Oil:31 USG (120 Liters)
Waste Oil: 31 USG (120 Liters)
Hydraulic Oil: 60 USG ( 250 Liters)
- Air Conditioning: Chilled water with Condaria x4 compressors (2020) Condaria controls, 14 Air Handlers with 3-way valves and digital controls (2020)
- Heating through reverse cycle of Air Conditioning Compressors
- Exhaust fans in all the heads and in the galley
- Watermaker: HEM 30/2100. 2100 gallons/ day with 2 membranes and 2.2 kw CAT 317 high pressure pump, Full rebuild and including removal, re-plumbing and re install. (2020)
- Hamman waste treatment plant
- Bauer scuba compressor
- The AC System is 380 volt, 3-phase, 50 hertz and 230-volt single phase
- The DC System is 24 vdc
- Generators: 2 x Northern Lights M=1064D 35kW (2020)
Generator Hours: Approx. 120 ea. Aug. 2020
Note: The generators were replaced new in 2020
- Shore Power Unit: Magnus SP 100, 40 Kva unit- new 2020
Electronics and Navigation
- 3 x Furuno Navpilot 711C Auto Pilots new 2020
- Time Zero and Expedition with full world chart folio with 2 licenses
- Computer System: 2 solid state nav computers new 2020.
- Pepwave HD2 dome with external 8 sim receiver new2020
- KHV V7 HTS domed 2020
- 6 17” hattfield displays in pilot house and helm stations with full switching capabilities between nav computers, radar, CCTV, and PLC vessel monitoring system
- 4x Furuno FM-4850 VHF radios new 2020
- Furuno Class A AIS, FA 170- new 2020
- 2x WASSP GPS antennas, Axis CCTV masthead with 30x optical zoom 1080p and Axis 1080p which interface with GPS and AIS for augmented reality feature.
- Monitoring and Control: Full upgrade and reprogramming on vessels “Seatouch” PLC monitoring and control system
- Helm and bridge stations redesigned and panels made new 2020.
- Radar 1: Furuno FAR 1523 BB – Open Array
- Radar 2: Furuno TZT-TZT2 24 in closed array
- Chart plotter : Time Zero
- B&G 7 x Hercules 5000 – displays in pilot house, cockpit, crew mess, crew cabin.
- 2x 20/20 H5000 displays and 2x Triton 2 displays
- System consists of speed, depth, water and air temp, heel and barometric
- AIS: Furuno FA-170
- VSAT: KVH V7 , Iridium: Certus system using Thales Vessel Link for Iridium
telephone through PABX system internet via Kerio control system.
- Vessel’s internet can pull from Rogue Wave
- WiFi antenna, Pepwave Celullar, Vsat Ku-band, Irridium internet or hardwired.
- All internet sources controlled through Kerio system traffic rules.
- VHF : 4x Furuno FM4856 VHF in pilot house, helm stations and crew mess.
- All antennas and cabling new 2020
- CCTV: 2x Fixed Axis Cameras in ER with 1080p, 1 x masthead controllable 30 x optical zoom- viewed through vessel time zero system. Camera interfaces with GPS and AIS for augmented reality AIS overlay on plotter.
2 x Maxwell hydraulic windlasses (rebuilt 2020) with blue tooth remotes each with 120 meters of 14mm stud link chain (chain new in 2020)
- Anchors: 2 x 120 kg stainless steel plow anchors
- Fortress FX125 aluminum (spare anchor)
- Handheld and Bluetooth controls
- Fire system: TYCO new 2019
- Fire bells: Engine room, wheel house, forward accommodation, aft accommodation, forepeak and lazarette
- Safes : 1 x Owner’s Stateroom, 1 x Captain’s cabin
- Life Rafts : 1 x 12-man SOLAS “A” Zodiac; 1x – 12 man SOLAS “B” Zodiac with current inspection 2020
- Life Preservers: 18 x SOLAS Type A
- Life Rings: 2 x life rings with strobe
- MOB strobe and smoke signal
- Miscellaneous: Personal MOB Packs worn at sea with AIS PLB smoke and hand flares
- 2 x Jon Buoy Man Overboard units
- 2 x EPIRB
- 2 x sets of SCBA and fire fighting bunker gear
- International running lights
- Crew Tender : 11. (3.6m) 2019 AB
- 30hp Yamaha Enduro outboard
- Main Tender is a 5.5 meter Custom Tender from Smuggler Marine with a Yamaha 130 HP. Tender is fully outfitted with plotter, Fusion stereo, Custom colored tubes and gelcoat to match mother ship. (New 2020)
- Marae underwent a substantial refit and 15 year Lloyds Special Survey from Oct 2019-July 2020.
- All machinery spaces stripped, painted and rebuilt.
- Domestic plumbing replaced, water tanks opened, cleaned and repaired for corrosion, black/grey water tank rebuilt
- Fire/bilge valves rebuilt
- Engine room ventilation fans rebuilt/replaced
- Watermaker rebuilt
- Air Conditioning plant (Condaria – new 2020), all air handlers replaced
- Fuel, oil and waste oil transfer pumps rebuilt
- Hundestead VP propeller gearboxes rebuilt
- Emergency batteries, Service Batteries, Radio batteries replaced
- Pneumatic system rebuilt
- Two compressors rebuilt
- Kobelt throttle control system rebuilt
- Shore Power Unit: Magnus SP 100, 40 Kva unit – (2020)
- Exhaust system fully refurbished engine to outlet, including new exhaust lagging covers (2020)
The system is custom Alloy Yachts ring main using stainless stell tubing and Danfoss valve blocks with manual handles.
2 x 100 cc Rexroth – one off each main engine (rebuilt 2020)
2 x 45 cc – one off each generator (rebuilt 2020)
1 x 28cc – 7.5 kW AC electric motor
- Bow Thruster built 2020
- Stern Thruster replaced 2020
- 2 x Maxwell Windlasses fully rebuilt by manufacturer 2020
- 5 x Nilsson Captive reel winches fully and extensively rebuilt by manufacturer
- Hydraulic BoomVang rebuilt 2020
- 5 x Harken hydraulic winch motors rebuilt/replaced
- Reckman mainsail furler rebuilt